Port Sunlight Village Trust are delighted to have achieved the prestigious Green Flag award in 2018.
The Green Flag Award scheme recognises and rewards well managed parks and green spaces, setting the benchmark standard for the management of recreational outdoor spaces across the United Kingdom and around the world.
Residents and visitors to Port Sunlight undoubtedly value many of the purposes and aims of Green Flag, including :
- To ensure that everybody has access to quality green and other open spaces, irrespective of where they live.
- To ensure that these spaces are appropriately managed and meet the needs of the communities that they serve.
- To establish standards of good management.
- To promote and share good practice amongst the green space sector.
- To recognise and reward the hard work of managers, staff and volunteers
Each year Green Flag organises a People’s Choice vote, when the general public gets an opportunity to have a say about the Green Flag sites that they know and love. The vote opens on 1st September and closes on 30th September. The top 10 sites will be announced on 16th October.
If you would like to help ensure that Port Sunlight is amongst that Top 10 sites for 2018, please click the link below and cast your vote!