Port Sunlight is waiting to welcome you!
- Meet the village’s creator ‘Soap King’ William Hesketh Lever and discover his vision for the village and its residents
- Find out about the architects who designed the houses, principal building and landscapes, and what influenced them
- Experience what it was like to live and work here during the Edwardian and Victorian periods
- Encounter character’s from the village’s past
- Discover Lever’s flair for advertising
- Understand the terrible loss and sacrifice experienced by the village during the First World War.
Located in the original Girl’s Club building on King George’s Drive, Port Sunlight Museum opened its doors to the public in August 2006 replacing the long-serving Heritage Centre on Greendale Road.
The new Museum has exhibits for all types of visitor, including a special exhibition on Lady Lever, new for 2013. You can use state-of-the-art audio-visuals and interactives, a model of the village and a typical Port Sunlight house plus you will find historical items from the village’s past. It also has a well-stocked gift shop offering a wide selection of items for residents and general visitors at good prices, from pottery, linen and stationery depicting views of the village, to our very popular range of soaps – Sunlight, Lifebuoy and Pears to name but a few.
The Museum welcomes a large number of group visits each year from the USA and NADFAS to Probus and the National Trust. We have a variety of package deals specifically designed for group visitors, which include entry to Port Sunlight Museum and guided tours of the village.
‘Tea at the museum’ is open daily and is set in a contemporary style with seating for up to 40, ideal for coach groups visiting the museum.
To find out more, contact the Visitor Services Team
Call: 0151 644 6466
Every day: 10.00am – 5.00pm*
Except for 25 and 26 December and 1 January, when we will be closed. Please be advised that the museum normally closes from 12 noon on 24 December.
Adult: £3.75 Concessions: £3.00 Child (aged 5-16): £2.00 Group of 10+: £2.50 per person