Jobs and volunteering
Asset Management Officer (Maintenance)
Full-Time Permanent contract
Salary £23,500 per annum
Port Sunlight Village Trust (PSVT) is dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the Port Sunlight Conservation Area. The village is the finest surviving example of early urban planning in the UK. It is also one of the Liverpool City Region’s premier visitor attractions and home to over 2,000 residents.
Our responsibilities are broad and our business diverse. We maintain all of the parks, gardens, and monuments and memorials in the village. We own one-third of the housing stock – some 300 properties – and eight of the public buildings from which we derive our primary source of income. We also operate the award-winning Arts Council Accredited Port Sunlight Museum through which we engage local schools, domestic and international visitors, and the local community.
We are seeking to recruit an Asset Management Officer (Maintenance) to join our busy Operations Directorate. The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of houses, apartments, garages, access roads and principal buildings which are owned by the PSVT. This includes both the day to day repairs, annual maintenance checks, emergencies and the provision of the scheduled maintenance of the properties via the agreed cyclical maintenance programme.
A summary of the attributes include:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in the building/construction industry.
• Skilled at preparing contracts and tenders
• Experience of working with historic buildings would be an advantage
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access software and the ability to learn bespoke packages used by PSVT.
• Able to demonstrate strong written, verbal and face to face communication skills and be comfortable in dealing with a wide range of people.
• A strong attention to detail and able to analyse information, investigate root causes and recommend solutions
You will have demonstrable experience of working in a similar role, excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and a high level of computer literacy.
Closing date for applications: 22/10/2018
Interviews will take place week commencing 29 October 2018.
For an application pack, please follow this link, contact Kate Rosenthal on 0151 644 4800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note CVs will not be accepted.
For an informal chat, contact Neil Moffatt, Director of Operations on email@example.com or 0151 644 4807. More information about Port Sunlight Village Trust is also available on our website portsunlightvillage.com
Our staff and volunteers are integral to the success of the village.
Port Sunlight could not function as we do without the invaluable support of our volunteers. Volunteers themselves also gain a lot from their work at the Trust: they develop new skills, make new friends and get to contribute to their local community. Volunteer roles include
• Meeting and greeting visitors at our Edwardian worker’s cottage.
• Meeting and greeting visitors at Port Sunlight Museum
• Helping out at special events, eg lectures, village trails, shows and road races.
• Carrying out historical and collections-based research.
• Caring for our collections.
• Leading learning sessions with schools and other visitors
• Surveying our buildings
• Helping to maintain our bedding displays
Our commitment to supporting and developing our volunteers is outlined in our Volunteer agreement form.
We are currently not recruiting any volunteers at the moment, please check back again soon to see available opportunities.