Jobs and volunteering
Our staff and volunteers are integral to the success of the village.
Vacancy for a Visitor Services Assistant
Part time 22.5 hours per week (3 days) including weekends
7 month fixed term contract – Salary £5460 for duration of contract, £8.00 per hour
We are seeking to recruit a Visitor Services Assistant to join the Visitor Services Team for our busy summer season. You will support PSVT’s strategy to maximise income from the visitor experience through ticketing and retail sales. This is a customer facing role based at Port Sunlight Museum.
Applicants should have previous experience working in a retail and/or visitor services role in an attraction, museum or art gallery setting. Demonstrable customer service skills and cash handling experience are essential.
For an application pack and more information contact PSVT on 0151 644 4800 or email@example.com Please note CVs will not be accepted.
The closing date for completed applications is 9th March. Interviews will be held week commencing 12th March 2018.
Port Sunlight could not function as we do without the invaluable support of our volunteers. Volunteers themselves also gain a lot from their work at the Trust: they develop new skills, make new friends and get to contribute to their local community. Volunteer roles include
• Meeting and greeting visitors at our Edwardian worker’s cottage.
• Meeting and greeting visitors at Port Sunlight Museum
• Helping out at special events, eg lectures, village trails, shows and road races.
• Carrying out historical and collections-based research.
• Caring for our collections.
• Leading learning sessions with schools and other visitors
• Surveying our buildings
• Helping to maintain our bedding displays
Our commitment to supporting and developing our volunteers is outlined in our Volunteer agreement form.
If you are interested in any of the above roles please complete and return the volunteer application form.